Monday, August 23, 2010

The End of the Line

The internship has now been over for one week. I am no longer "The Intern" at Central Avenue.

Now what?

God, what do you want to do in me and through me in this next season?

I am on the edge of becoming who I will be for the rest of my life. Who will I be? What will I accomplish? I do not want to waste my life - this is not my life. I am no longer living, but it is Christ who is living in me.

This has been a defining summer for me. I am not sure why or for what purpose, but I know that I am changed.

So now I am at the end of the line and I have decisions to make. Will I allow this summer to impact the rest of my life? Will I continue to change and grow? Or will I allow myself to return to my old habits and the comfortable place that I tend to return when I am tired or scared?

I have two weeks until I start my senior year, my last year of college. This is a big deal. I will be very busy with class work and meeting requirements and doing my last internships (yes, I will be TheIntern at two more places this year).

This is also a big deal because I have the opportunity to change the lives of many people: my family, roommates, new friends, old friends, Ada Friends mentors and mentees, professors, others students, etc.

I WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD.

Maybe I think that if I say this enough, it will happen. Last weekend, for my last Sunday at Central Avenue, I preached. This was the first line of my sermon.

"I WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD."

I really do mean it, but most of the time I have no idea what I am going to do in order to "change the world."

This year, I WILL CHANGE THE WORLD. I will change someone's world. I will make a difference.

Please, Hold me to this. Keep me accountable. Make sure that I am changing the world, someone's world.

What are you doing to change the world? Are you living like Christ is the one living your life? Is Christ living your life?

Think about it. Change the world.

1 comment:

  1. Allyssa, your sermon last week had me welling up with tears (not hard for me, I know, but it really hit home). I love that you want to change the world. I think it is a beautiful desire. I think you are a beautiful woman of God. You are going to bless those in your path no matter what path that is. I think that the reason this summer was so defining is that Central has that effect on people. Since I stepped foot into Central's doors December 13, 2009, God has been defining me..changing me...pushing me to a better understanding of who I am in Christ...what my role as God's daughter. I am so excited to see what God has in store for you Allyssa! Good luck and you can holler at me anytime you need to. I mean that.
    Love Melissa Goertz

    ReplyDelete